Explore Mull acts as a booking agent for the various trip operators and any money taken at the time of booking is passed directly on to them therefore any cancellations is down to the discretion of the trip operator and not the booking agent, these are a generic terms and conditions for all trips and in addition to these each trip may have its own.
Holiday insurance is recommended to cover any cancellations or other personal claims
1. Bookings can be made on an individual basis or a vessel can be exclusively chartered
2. All Prices are in Pounds Sterling, and no VAT is Charged..
3. All passengers prior to boarding the vessel must have paid for their booking in full.
4. All passengers must arrive fifteen minutes prior to the scheduled departure time. This is to ensure that all passengers are prepared for the trip and suitable clothing is a must no high heels and waterproof clothing is advised.
5. Failure to arrive fifteen minutes before the scheduled departure time may, at the total discretion of the trip provider, result in the cancellation of the passengers booking.
6. The trip provider reserve the right, if necessary, to deviate from a vessel’s advertised route, or change any time or day of a booking or cancel any booking with or without prior notice to the passenger.
7. The trip provider on cancellation will offer refund the cost of any cancelled booking if another trip has not been offered, which is at the discretion of The trip provider, and the cancellation has been made by The trip provider not the passenger.
8. The trip operator reserves the right to alter your booking time or day of the vessel if the minimum passenger numbers for sailing have not been reached fifteen minutes before departure.
9. Passengers requests to change a booking time/date must be a minimum 48 hours in advance are completely at The trip operators discretion and will be subject to availability and a Â£10 admin fee.
10.The trip operator will not be liable for any expense, loss of time, disappointment, inconvenience, or any other consequential loss suffered by the passenger in the event of a cancellation or postponement of a booking.
11.A valid booking confirmation must be retained at all times and submitted for inspection if required by Th trip operator and/or its employees and/or its agents.
12.Any person attempting to gain admission to the vessel, or being found in the vessel without a valid booking confirmation, may be removed from the vessel and the pier.
13.All bookings are non-refundable and non-transferable and cannot be re-sold without prior consent of the trip operator.
14.If The trip operator reasonably believes that a booking has been resold without prior consent or has been purchased from any individual, company or organisation other than one of their agents then the booking may be cancelled.
15.All children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult, at all times whilst on the vessel and the pier. Children between the ages of 16 but under 18 are permitted as passengers of The trip operator but may be asked to produce id by its employees and/or its agents, proof of age.
16.Exclusive charter bookings can only be made by persons aged 18 and over.
17.All prices are subject to change without notification.
18. Explore mull may act as a Managing Agent for large groups and boats may be supplied by alternate companies. In this instance you will be covered by their insurance and the relevant companies terms and conditions
19. Passengers wishing to cancel must give 48 hours notice to get a full refund, after that a refund will only be given if all the spaces on the particular trip are sold so the trip is full.
20. No alcohol is allowed on any trip unless advised otherwise by the trip operator.
21. the trip operator has the right to cancel thr trip due to not reaching minimum numbers for the trip to run.
Medical Conditions and Pregnancy
Passengers must advise The trip operator of any medical conditions or disabilities that the passenger(s) are suffering from or have ever suffered from prior to booking, particularly, dizzy spells, epilepsy, back/bone conditions, diabetes, angina or any other heart conditions and pregnancy, (this is not an exhaustive list).
The tour operator will not accept any liability for personal injury, or injury to others and passengers participate entirely at their own risk.
Complaints, Claims & Incidents
1. If the vessel has to return to the pier due to passenger illness or passenger anxiety or weather conditions (this is not an exhaustive list) The tour operator has no obligation to provide passengers with a refund or a replacement trip.
2. Replacements trips will only ever be offered at the total discretion of the trip operator
3. Any passenger complaints should be made in writing within fourteen days of the complaint and addressed to Explore Mull where it will be passed onto the apropriate trip operator.
4. Other than liability for death or personal injury resulting from The trip operators negligence, The trip operator and/or its employees and/or its agents shall not be liable for any loss or damage, direct or indirect, howsoever arising, including without limitation any distress, inconvenience or anxiety caused during the course of any trip undertaken and/or during evacuation from the vessel in the event of breakdown or accident.
5. The trip operator and/or its employees and/or its agents cannot be held responsible for the weather conditions during your trip.
6. The trip operator and/or its employees and/or its agents cannot be held responsible if the trip is cancelled, postponed, delayed or reduced in length or time due to the instructions or advice from a third party such as The Maritime Costal Agency, Port of London Authority, Emergency Services (this is not an exhaustive list). Refunds or replacement trips will only be offered at the absolute discretion of The trip operator.
Clothing & Personal Belongings
1. Passengers should come prepared with suitable clothing that will not be damaged by exposure to water or sunlight.
2. The trip operator reserves the right to refuse entry onto the vessel if a passenger does not have suitable clothing and refunds are wholly at the discretion of The trip operator.
3. The trip operator allows passengers to bring personal belongings onto the vessel, however The trip operator will accept no responsibility if any personal belongings are damaged or lost at any time whilst on the vessel.
4. The trip operator accepts no responsibility if any personal belongings are damaged, lost or stolen at any time
Other Terms & Conditions
1. All trips have a maximum number of passengers
2 babies are classed as paid passenger places and are legally taking up a place on the trip.
3. The trip operator reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to refuse entry on to the vessels, any person who:
a. has been convicted of a criminal offence which, in the opinion of The trip operator, is likely to affect the safety or enjoyment of other passengers.
b. has behaved in a manner which, in the opinion of The trip operator, has, or is likely to have an affect on the safety or enjoyment of other passengers.
c. has used threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour to other passengers, other members of the public, or T0 the trip operator and/or its employees and/or its agents, or in any way behaves in a threatening, abusive or insulting manner.
d. is or appears to be or has been under the influence of alcohol or other controlled substances.
4. Failure to adhere to any instruction issued by The trip operator and/or its employees and/or its agents may lead to the cancellation or postponement of the trip and/or the removal of any passenger failing to adhere to these instructions from the trip.
5. Passengers must wear life jackets at all times during the trip if requested by the trip operator.
6. All offensive weapons or dangerous articles are strictly prohibited from any trips
7. dogs are allowed on some trips please ask the trip operator for more details.
8.Smoking is strictly prohibited on the vessel and or the pier unless told otherwise by the trip operator.
9.Unnecessary noise, such as from the use of radio sets, mobile phones, video cameras and any other electrical equipment or any behaviour likely to cause annoyance to other passengers or confusion of any kind is not permitted on the vessel and/or the pier.
10.Consumption of alcohol is stricktly forbidden whilst on the trip.
11.If any passenger requires to wear a life jacket for there own safety then please ask the tour operator
12.If any provision of these Terms and Conditions are held to be invalid or unenforceable by any judicial or other competent authority, all other provisions of these Terms and Conditions will remain in full force and effect and will not in any way be impaired. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions are held to be invalid or unenforceable but would be valid or enforceable if some part or parts of these Terms and Conditions were deleted, the term and/or condition in question will apply with the minimum modification necessary to make it valid and enforceable.
13.If any passenger deliberately or accidentally manually inflates an automatic lifejacket other than when they are expressly instructed to do so by The trip operator, The trip operator has the right to request a payment and the passenger has an absolute obligation to pay Â£25.00 for its re-assembly.
Our vouchers, are valid for the trip option selected, and are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase. Provided the trip is taken before the expiry date as displayed on the voucher itself, their chosen date of travel may exceed the 12 month deadline by three months. I.e. they must travel within the year.
To extend the expiry date for a further 3 months (i.e to travel within 15 months) an additional payment of Â£25 (admin fee) will need to be made prior to the voucher’s original date of expiry.
Failure to redeem a voucher (either on or before the displayed expiry date) will result in the voucher’s expiry, client’s being unable to travel without further payment.
If you are entitled to a refund relating to your booking this will usually be made by the same payment method that was used to pay us. In the case of card payment, refund(s) will be made to the appropriate card account(s). Any fees incurred when making a payment will not be refunded unless we cause the cancellation.
IF YOU HAVE A COMPLAINT
We are proud of our high reputation for customer satisfaction and strive to reach amicable settlement of the small number of complaints we receive. If you have a problem or cause for dissatisfaction, please inform us at the earliest opportunity (this will often be by informing a member of crew during the cruise). This allows us the opportunity to put things right on the the spot. If we are unable to solve any issues immediately, please inform our office by phone, email or in person at your earliest convenience (email firstname.lastname@example.org ; telephone: +44 (0) 1688 302875; address: Explore Mull, Taigh Solais, Ledaig, Tobermory, Isle of Mull, PA75 6NR).