Is a tranquil haven just awaiting discovery and Lochbuie Estate has created and maintained car-parks and walks around the area as well as a site for Wild Camping. Information email@example.com Tel 01680 814153. Please note that Lochbuie House is a private residence so please observe the footpath signs, keep dogs under control and maintain the Scottish Outdoor Access Code.
Calgary Bay Camping
There is another excellent Wild Camping site at Calgary Bay which also has public conveniences close by. There is no disposal site for motorhomes and motorhomes should not camp overnight.
This area is a SSSI and is specially protected as it is made up of a special grassland known as machair so please stick to the clearly marked designated area for camping.
- Fires – Please do not gather wood from nearby woodland. Use existing hearths – no fires on the machair.
- Use driftwood and/or bought wood available locally.
- Use a stove if possible.
- Water – Please note that tap water or burn water is not fit for drinking.
- Human waste – If public toilets aren’t available, carry a trowel and bury your own waste and urinate well away from open water, rivers and burns.
- Rubbish – Please clear up after your stay. Where possible, take rubbish away and consider taking other people’s rubbish too.
- Noise – Please respect and consider others. Keep noise down, especially after 10.00pm.
- Dogs – Please remember to keep your dog under control.
Driving on Mull
Finally, and my biggest plea to help public relations with Mull folk and other road users. Please, please, please, let vehicles behind you pass by pulling into a passing place. They will toot their horns in appreciation if you do, and wave nicely. Also remember, that the doctors on Mull, also ‘first medical responders, don’t have flashing blue lights, so one of those behind you may well be on their way to a ‘call out’.