The village of Lochbuie is situated at the head of Loch Buie on the south coast of the Isle of Mull some 14 miles from the ferry terminal at Craignure. The area is renowned for its scenic landscape, shimmering beaches, abundant wildlife.
Lochbuie is a walkers paradise and there are many walks around the village, to the Stone Circle, Moy Castle, St. Kilda’s Church, Laggan Sands, Iron Age Fort and the Mausoleum. For the more adventurous there is a beautiful shore walk to Carsaig.
St. Kilda's Church
The church is in the Diocese of Argyll and the Isles and was built by Murdoch MacLaine of Lochbuie in 1876. Local rumour has it that originally it was to have been consecrated to St. Oran but this was changed to St. Kilda. READ MORE
The building was converted into a Mausoleum for the MacLaines of Lochbuie in 1864 in memory of Donald MacLaine, 22nd of Lochbuie, when a thorough restoration took place. The roof is of the same period. A further renovation then took place in 1972. READ MORE
There are several Duns or Iron-age Forts on the Isle of Mull. These were fortified sites – a comparatively small defensive enclosure with disproportionately thick walls enclosing an area that rarely exceeded 375 square metres. READ MORE
The Old Post Office Lochbuie
We are a small family run farm & coffee/tea shop based in Lochbuie on the Isle of Mull. We are passionate about providing good value for money using local produce and serve a selection of sandwiches and soup along with our baking and tea/coffee. READ MOREAddress: Lochbuie Isle of Mull Argyll & Bute PA62 6AA
Email: [email protected]